BACK-TO-SCHOOL SUPPLY DRIVE
set a Title I student up for success
Esperança is hosting its annual Back-to-School Supply Drive to help children from Title I schools in rural Arizona communities in need begin the school year with all of the tools they need for academic success. After over a year fighting the financial battles that accompanied the COVID-19 pandemic, low-income families need your help more than ever.
According to the most recent study by the National Retail Federation, families with children in K-12 are projected to spend $696.70 on back-to-school supplies. Investment in virtual learning tools may also be necessary for remote learning.
For families in low-income, rural communities, these costs take an extreme toll. Donating new school supplies to children like Lei Lanni (pictured) will ensure they start the school year out on the right foot – and are ready to participate in Esperança’s after school health classes!
Keep up with the impact of your gifts by following us on social media!
- Food Deserts and Their Impact on Community Health
- Elijah’s Healthy Smile
- Rosa is Living A New Life… of Self-Sufficiency
- What Does Summer Mean to You?
- Why Are Chronic Diseases More Prevalent Among Minorities?
- A Mother’s Relief, A Son Saved
- A Brigade of HOPE
- Oral Health Reaches the Q’eros Children of Peru
- Food Security Doesn’t Always Equal Nutrition
- Cataract Awareness Month: Progress in Peru
New school supplies needed include:
- Spiral notebooks
- Pencil boxes
- Glue sticks
- Box of colored pencils
- 1” binders
- Pocket folders