Esperança is looking for an individual dedicated to impacting the health problems of the developing world by assisting with translation of documents for Phoenix office staff and our international partners.
Esperança brings hope, provides health and transforms communities for the world’s poor. Through our volunteer surgical program, clean water and sanitation, home building, food security and nutrition, disease prevention, education and treatment programs, we have helped millions of people in 14 countries, including the United States. We currently have projects in Bolivia, Peru, Nicaragua, Mozambique and Phoenix, Arizona.
Volunteer must have an ability to translate technical documents for a wide variety of development projects. These could include engineering documents for water systems, latrines, in addition to other development projects for our partners in the developing world.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced Proficiency in Spanish and English (reading and writing)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent writing skills
- Individual must be flexible
- Proven ability to translate, revising and editing skills from English to Spanish/ Spanish to English
- Good communication skills
- Previous knowledge of international development
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Karen Resseguie, Program Manager, via email or by phone 602-252-7772 ext.111; please title your email Spanish Translator.
For a printable version click here